Pine Lake, originally "Laguna Puerco", in 2008

Photo: Chris Carlsson


Stern Grove Park in 2008.

Photo: Chris Carlsson

Fun Days At Trocadero

Trocadero was the most popular place for all the children of Parkside to go for adventure and fun. Trocadero is now called Sigmund Stern Grove. The property was given to the City of San Francisco in the early 1930's and was dedicated on June 5, 1932. The Grove now has many lovely plays and concerts, but in the old days, the children would go fishing in Mud Lake, catch frogs and imagine themselves in far-away places and great adventure.

--Mary Ada Williams, North Scale Institute, San Francisco


Amadou & Mariam, a blind musical couple from Mali, rock the crowd at the Stern Grove Music Festival, 2007.

Photo: Chris Carlsson

Prev. Document Next Document