NEW MEANING TO LIFE & LOVE
THE GOALS OF THE SYMBIONESE LIBERATION ARMY
1. To unite all oppressed people into a fighting force and to destroy the system of the capitalist state and all its value systems. To create in its place a system and sovereign nations that are in the total interest of all its races and people, based on the true affirmation of life, love, trust, honesty, freedom and equality that is truly for all.
2. To assure the rights of all people to self-determination and the rights to build their own nation and government, with representatives that have shown through their actions to be in the interest of their people. To give the right to all people to select and elect their own representatives and governments by direct vote.
3. To build a people's federated council, who will be a male and female of each People's Council or Sovereign Nation of the Symbionese Federation of Nations, who shall be the representatives of their nations in the forming of trade packs and unified defense against any external enemy that may attack any of the free nations of the federation and to form other aids to each others' needs.
4. To aid and defend the cultural rights of all the sovereign nations of the Symbionese Federation, and to aid each nation in the building of educational and other institutions to meet and serve this need for its people.
5. To place the control of all the institutions and industries of each nation into the hands of its people. To aid sovereign nations of the federation to build nations where work contributes concretely to the full interest and needs of its workers and the communal interest of its communities and its people and the mutual interest of all within the federation of nations.
6. To aid and defend the rights of all oppressed people to build nations which do not institute oppression and exploitation, but rather institute the environment of freedom and defends that freedom on all levels and for all of the people, and by any means necessary.
7. To give back to all people their human and constitutional rights, liberty, equality and justice and the right to bear arms in the defense of these rights.
8. To create a system where our aged are cared for with respect, love, and kindness and aided and encouraged to become assets in their own ways to their nations and to their communal community. That the life that moves around them is not a frightening and murderous one and where life is not a fear, but rather one of love and feeling and of unity.
9. To create a system and laws that will neither force people into nor force them to stay in personal relationships that they do not wish to be in, and to destroy all chains instituted by legal and social laws of the capitalist state which acts as a reinforcing system to maintain this form of imprisonment.
10. To create institutions that will aid, reinforce and educate the growth of our comrade women and aid them in making a new true and better role to live in life and in the defining of themselves as a new and free people.
11. To create new forms of life and relationships that bring true meanings of love to people's relationships, and to form communes on the community level and bring the children of the community into being the responsibility of the community, to place our children in the union of real comradeship and in the care and loving interest of the revolutionary community.
12. To destroy the prison system, which the capitalist state has used to imprison the oppressed and exploited, and thereby destroy the love, unity, and hopes of millions of lives and families. And to create in its place a system of comradeship and that of group unity and education on a communal and revolutionary level within the community, to bring home our daughters and sons, sisters and brothers, fathers and mothers and welcome them home with love and a new revolutionary comradeship of unity.
13. To take control of all state land and that of the capitalist class and to give back the land to the people. To form laws and codes that safeguard that no person can own the land or sell the land, but rather the nations' people own the land and use it for their needs and interest to live. No one can own or sell the air, the sky, the water, the trees, the birds, the sun, for all of this world belongs to the people of this earth.
14. To take controls of all buildings and buildings of the capitalist class and fascist government and then to totally destroy the rent system of exploitation.
15. To build a federation of nations, who shall formulate programs and unions of actions and interests that will destroy the capitalist value system and its other antihuman institutions and who will be able to do this by meeting all the basic needs of all of the people and their nations. For they will be all able to do this because each nation will have full control of all of its industries and institutions and does not run them for profit, but in the full interest of all the people of its nation.
16. To destroy all forms and institutions of Racism, Sexism, Ageism, Capitalism, Fascism, Individualism, Possessiveness, Competitiveness and all other such institutions that have made and sustained capitalism and the capitalist class system that has oppressed and exploited all of the people of our history.
By this means and the mutual aid and unity of each nation within the Symbionese Federation will each nation be able to provide to each person and couple and family free of cost the five basic needs of life, which are food, health care, housing, education and clothing, and in this way allowing people to be able to find and form new values and new systems of relationships and interests based on a new meaning to life and love.
--Berkeley Barb, Feb. 15, 1974