San Bruno Avenue, now Bayshore Boulevard, at intersection with Sunnydale Avenue, 1928. Southern Pacific yards and roundhouse are to the east (right) of this photo, where they were established on the landfill in what was once known as Candlestick Cove, or Brisbane Lagoon.
Photo: San Francisco History Center, SF Public Library
Northerly view from above San Bruno Mountain with railyards and San Francisco dump in foreground, SF city limits not far north of the bottom of the photo.
Photo: San Francisco Planning Commission
March 8, 1905 view north from Visitacion Point, Brisbane. The first hill across the water was flattened for bay fill that became the Southern Pacific bayshore railyards.
Photo: OpenSFHistory.org wnp27.6366
The Bayshore yard in 1983, with train traffic, straddling the political boundary between San Francisco and San Mateo counties.
Photo: courtesy Reg McGovern
Old Southern Pacific roundhouse, long abandoned, in Bayshore train yard, 2010.
Photo: Chris Carlsson
From inside the old SP roundhouse, 2010.