Difference between revisions of "Alemany view"

(changed photo credit to Private Collection)
Line 5: Line 5:
 
'''1912 photo of Bernal Heights south slope shows an intersection of the Ocean Shore Railroad and the Alemany water flume. The flume carried water from [[Islais Creek Remembered|Islais Creek]] near [[Glen Canyon Natural History|Glen Park]] around the south and east slopes of Bernal Hill to a reservoir at Sixteenth and Brannan Streets. It was constructed in 1860, owned by [[WATER! WATER!|Spring Valley Water Works]]. '''
 
'''1912 photo of Bernal Heights south slope shows an intersection of the Ocean Shore Railroad and the Alemany water flume. The flume carried water from [[Islais Creek Remembered|Islais Creek]] near [[Glen Canyon Natural History|Glen Park]] around the south and east slopes of Bernal Hill to a reservoir at Sixteenth and Brannan Streets. It was constructed in 1860, owned by [[WATER! WATER!|Spring Valley Water Works]]. '''
  
''photo: Greg Gaar Collection; caption: [http://www.bernalhistoryproject.org// Bernal Heights History Project]''
+
''photo: Private Collection; caption: [http://www.bernalhistoryproject.org// Bernal Heights History Project]''
  
 
[[Image:Islais-wetlands-1940s-w-powerplant-at-right-shore 3023.jpg]]
 
[[Image:Islais-wetlands-1940s-w-powerplant-at-right-shore 3023.jpg]]

Revision as of 19:48, 12 June 2014

Unfinished History

Bernlhts$islais-creek-1920s.jpg

1912 photo of Bernal Heights south slope shows an intersection of the Ocean Shore Railroad and the Alemany water flume. The flume carried water from Islais Creek near Glen Park around the south and east slopes of Bernal Hill to a reservoir at Sixteenth and Brannan Streets. It was constructed in 1860, owned by Spring Valley Water Works.

photo: Private Collection; caption: Bernal Heights History Project

Islais-wetlands-1940s-w-powerplant-at-right-shore 3023.jpg

Former wetlands of Islais Creek, now enclosed and largely filled in this 1940 photo. At upper right of photo is the PG&E power plant on the shore of India Basin that was finally taken down in response to community pressure in 2009.

Photo: San Francisco Planning Commission archives


Prev. Document Next Document