Difference between revisions of "Fillmore Arches Torn Down"

(categories and links)
(PC)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
'''<font face = arial light> <font color = maroon> <font size = 3>Unfinished History</font></font> </font>'''
 +
 
[[Image:westaddi$fillmore-ppie-towers.jpg]]
 
[[Image:westaddi$fillmore-ppie-towers.jpg]]
  
Line 6: Line 8:
 
[[Image:westaddi$ppie-fillmore-scrap-1943.jpg]]
 
[[Image:westaddi$ppie-fillmore-scrap-1943.jpg]]
  
'''Arches from the PPIE on Fillmore being torn down in 1943.'''
+
'''Arches from the PPIE on Fillmore being torn down in 1943.'''<br>''Photos: Greg Gaar Collection, San Francisco''
 
+
''Photos: Greg Gaar Collection, San Francisco''
+
  
 
[[Fillmore Cultural Capital |Prev. Document]]  [[Fillmore Street 1960 |Next Document]]
 
[[Fillmore Cultural Capital |Prev. Document]]  [[Fillmore Street 1960 |Next Document]]
  
 
[[category:Western Addition]] [[category:1940s]] [[category:1910s]]
 
[[category:Western Addition]] [[category:1940s]] [[category:1910s]]

Revision as of 14:43, 18 January 2009

Unfinished History

Westaddi$fillmore-ppie-towers.jpg

In 1943, the iron towers that had crowned each intersection of Fillmore Street for decades, originally built as a gateway to the 1915 Panama Pacific International Exposition at the Marina, were torn down as scrap metal for WWII.


Westaddi$ppie-fillmore-scrap-1943.jpg

Arches from the PPIE on Fillmore being torn down in 1943.
Photos: Greg Gaar Collection, San Francisco

Prev. Document Next Document