Difference between revisions of "Dolores Park - 1906"

(added new photo)
(added photo)
Line 20: Line 20:
  
 
''Photo: Private Collection, San Francisco, CA''
 
''Photo: Private Collection, San Francisco, CA''
 +
 +
[[Image:Dolores Park -then Mission Park- cottage camp opened November 19, 1906 and closed October 22, 1907 wnp14.0615.jpg|800px]]
 +
 +
'''Dolores Park—then Mission Park—cottage camp, opened November 19, 1906 and closed October 22, 1907.'''
 +
 +
''Photo: OpenSFHistory.org wnp14.0615''
  
 
[[Mission Cultural Center |Prev. Document]]  [[Early 20th Century Mission Life |Next Document]]
 
[[Mission Cultural Center |Prev. Document]]  [[Early 20th Century Mission Life |Next Document]]

Revision as of 17:05, 1 July 2020

Unfinished History

Ne-from-dolores-park-april-18-1906-durng-fire-I0051098A.jpg

Dolores Park, April 18, 1906, fire burning that will eventually reach the edge of the park.

Photo: Online Archive of California

Mission$dolores-park-1906.jpg

Dolores Park after the 1906 quake; note the refugee tent camp.

photo: Private Collection, San Francisco, CA

At the top of the hill, at 20th and Church, stands the fire hydrant that is thought to have saved the rest of the neighborhood, because its water continued to flow and helped douse the approaching fire.

Quake-shacks-Dolores-Park1906.jpg

Within months these standardized earthquake relief shacks filled most San Francisco parks.

Photo: Private Collection, San Francisco, CA

Dolores Park -then Mission Park- cottage camp opened November 19, 1906 and closed October 22, 1907 wnp14.0615.jpg

Dolores Park—then Mission Park—cottage camp, opened November 19, 1906 and closed October 22, 1907.

Photo: OpenSFHistory.org wnp14.0615

Prev. Document Next Document